On Monday, Microsoft TEAMS app crashed in Europe, driven by an overwhelming number of employees working from home, highlighting the real challenges that companies and employees will face as new work rules go into effect. Today, we are noticing certain applications being supercharged! Our Salesforce APIs are at lightning speed (pardon the pun!).
As new guidelines are published almost by the minute to stem the rising tide of COVID-19, one single, unified opinion is that we should avoid unification and ‘stay home’!
Now is a great opportunity to use these expert guidelines to update your business continuity plans
Many, if not most, corporations have been quick to respond or by now, required by local government to shut down and allow employees to work from home. Bravo! Protect your people first. Here are some of the things to prepare for from a company and employee perspective.
Checklist for management:
- CEOs and leaders should be sending communication to customers and employees with their guidance during times of uncertainty for the company. Take care of your people by keeping them informed, safe and define emergency fund allocation
- Review your telecommuting policy and procedures. Provide flexible work hours to enable employees to find quiet moments to work, and, in the reality of this situation, to give them the time to prioritize family, safety and health
- Check and implement operation and infrastructure support for remote productivity. This includes software licenses to your critical applications like VPN, Zoom conferencing, GitHub, and Slack services for collaboration and others. Paramount, make sure your security controls are operating to protect from defensive and offensive threats to your logical assets
Checklist for individuals:
- Review and address your logical and physical workspace obstacles. You may be used to a shared workspace at the office in today’s plug and play world, but sharing a kitchen table with the kids and the cats is an entirely different experience
- Talk to your manager to set expectations for your performance measures. Let your manager know what you need to be effective
- Communicate with your customer and co-workers to offer support and be helpful. Make yourself resourceful. Be helpful. Working remotely may feel isolating. This is normal. Connecting with people globally through different platforms is our new way of life!
CyberOne provides SaaS for end to end Governance, Risk, and Compliance, including content libraries, workflow and templates for self-serve compliance programs. Our expertise is an extension of your team. Our technology is a powerful risk and compliance platform for any size company. Learn more at www.cb1security.com.